Custom Search

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go away... Little Johnny wants to Play

"Don't be sad, my child; Hear the music" says the thunder "I am playing it only for you."
"I don't know what you mean. I can't hear any music." I shout back.
"But you have to listen carefully my child." The thunder god replies.

I concentrate, stretching my brows  & then all of a sudden I am able to hear it. 

The crystal droplets falling from high above in the sky. They travel so far, & just blow away to tiny fragments on the hot cobblestones. They make a tiny beat 'Put' when hey hit the tin roof or the tar road. The lucky ones are just absorbed by the parched earth. The luckiest ones hang from the green leaves, each one of them reflecting the rainbow at the horizon. It's as if the leaves are in love with the pearls & fear to let them go. 




Shot outside my house, after a rainy day. Tried the max aperture of 3.5; shutter speed is pretty low though & hence the sharpness. It's hard to get out of bed when you are sick.

All of them do make a sound; collectively they make the music.

It's beautiful. 

You can't feel it sitting in your comfortable abode. To feel it you have to be out in the open. Take a quiet stroll alone with the raindrops slowly hitting you across the face. You will feel lighter; the world would seem a better place to live in. Sit near a river under a tree, with somebody whom you love & everything you wanted to tell hem will be said by those raindrops. The world seems to have a pink tint now. It's a feeling. You have to feel that music. I think this is the most beautiful sounds you will hear from nature, besides the sound of wind roaring on a mountain. 

Scotland is beautiful in rains, So is India.
Enjoy the music. I had my share; I hope you get yours too.

1 comment:

Usha said...

Ahh My fav topic Rain... reminded me Longfellow's quote "Into each life some rain must fall." :)

Liked the color contrast in second picture.