Custom Search

Friday, August 8, 2008

Laughter at work

These are some of the real incidents I faced here with my team.

Me & one of my colleagues were talking about movies

Me:               So Khowlie, Did you watch the 'Dark Knight'?
Khowlie:    No, its too fictitious for my tastes. 
Me:               Hmm...
Khowlie:    You know I like an element of truth in my movies.
Me:               That's great. So which movie did you watch last that 
                       you really liked?
Now I was expecting him to say something like 'Into the wild', 'Bucket list', 'We own the night', 'American Gangster' or something on lines.
Khowlie:    Oh, you see I don't watch lot of movies, But the last one 
                       which I really liked was 'Bruce Almighty'


This one happened during Christmas party

Me:          People owning a Lamborghini Diablo shouldn't live 
                  in London!
Lisa:        Do you have kids?
I was thinking to myself 'How does my having kids affect her having a Lamboghini?'
Me:          No Lisa, I am not married.
Lisa:        Grow up boy, whoever told you that you have to be 
                  married to have kids?  


This happened when I was trying to teach Graham how to write performance oriented Rex'es

Me:             Now Graham, You see the MIPS on the machine 
                     is constant. 
Graham:   Yes, I understand that.
Me:             So the time taken for your script to run will be 
                     decided by the cyclomatic complexity.
Graham:   I think I understand that.
I gave him insights to how the loosely coupled & tightly coupled multi processor machines work. At this time, Craig who is the technical architect of the system & is one of the really fundu person pitched in...
Craig:        Where did you learn all that stuff? I didn't knew 
                     half of that!
Me:             In college. 
Craig:         You are a freaking example of perfect Indian.
Me:             And what is that supposed to mean?
Craig:         You know everything about computers!

No comments: