Custom Search

Sunday, July 27, 2008

My Bucket List Part I

Ok, for the advantage of all the fools who are movie buffs & haven't seen the movie "Bucket List" & all the intelligent people who don't see movies, let me explain the term first. A "Bucket List" is the list things you would rather complete before hitting the bucket. Putting it more poetically, committing those sins for which you wouldn't mind rotting in hell for eternity. Got the picture? Of course, You bet... I am a poetic person.

There are days when I wake up crazy. I am all materialistic, selfish, greedy scum. And on those days, the only thing that hovers my mind besides 'Drew Barrymore' is this:-




I shot these pictures at Heathrow Airport yesterday, where it was on display. I didn't take out the complete picture, because it looks so boring, It had a tag 'Please do not touch' & most importantly because of the stage lights.


Perhaps the most famous fans of Ferrari are Jeremy Clarkson & Michael Schumacher. Well personally, I consider Jeremy Clarkson as a fool who has got lot of charisma. He is stupid, extremely biased, pre-notioned, repetitive & doesn't know half of the times, what he is talking about (e.g - The episode where he sees light to a Porsche 911, He says that the Porsche emits 300 Carbon dioxides! What the hell, is 300 CO2?). Of course he is a good orator, and knows how to drive. But that is not what I like about him. What I like about him is

"I consider Ferrari as the scale down model of God." 
- Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear

I know there are lot of other things on my Bucket list, which I would give more priority to. But all of them are things I want to do, things which will satisfy my inner self, things which incline more towards satisfying my soul rather than my greed, & I would give my life away for any of them gladly. But if there is one materialistic thing which I would give my legs for, is this noise making, environment polluting, fuel guzzling monster. Of course, I would have to go for a flappy gear pedal version then, I gave my legs away... remember.

For those perky, finicky, detail interested bastards, I would now specify which model would I really like. The ones who are not interested in specs can of course skip. Well, the model again varies on the days & the mood I wake up in. The days when I still have fragments  of my nice content personality left, I would rather choose a Ferrari F430. It's a beautiful machine & I really hope to own it some day if possible( I know its really hard, but I still would like to give it a try). The looks... Well you can see the above pictures. Of course you can watch more pictures here to satisfy your gluttonous greed - Ferrari.

But on days when I wake up a true monster, when I don't have any humane emotions left in me, when I am the every greedy, unsatisfied satan himself, I do prefer to own the F60. Of course, for this to happen, would take another miracle. But then again one of my Fav sayings is 
"Miracles do happen, You just have to work harder for them to happen."
I really forgot who said that, will google for it once I have some spare time.  

Anyway coming back to the point, The F60 is the most unpractical car you can ever own. Its a fuel guzzling pump, you can not sell it once you have chosen to buy it (Did I tell you that YOU have to be chosen to buy it.) Its practical perspective is certainly not worth the money (the base car costs 1 million). It certainly is not a street car, for you can't see who is coming behind you till he hits you in the back, & then of course you would die of a heart attack. It was designed by a bunch of crazy physics interested engineers, who had never driven on a road. 

It is not the fastest car in production, not to say it is neither the most powerful. It can be overrun both by the 18 year older McLaren F1 & the relatively newer Bugatti Veyron. 

What it is, is the ultimate extravagant use of technology. It is the new chapter in future of cars, & a new benchmark for the engineering perfection. It was never designed to be practical. And I love it for its very impractical nature. Because even though highly impractical it is, It does it perfectly with a panache which no other car today can match. I can go on writing & you will still not get a idea of what I am talking about if you haven't seen it. If you have seen it, You probably know that no matter how hard I try, I would never come close to explaining the beauty of this wonderful machine. That's why I would rather let you see yourself. Here you go & enjoy...



I know most of you might be thinking that the top 2 of my Fav cars are Ferrari. And I must be a Ferrari chauvinist. Well, I can't give you 10 different defenses against this, I could provide you with 5, if i really tried. However, I know that they wouldn't be perfectly true. I know cars more beautiful, more powerful, more performance oriented than these 2 Ferraris. However the truth is Ferrari is my secret 'Achilles Heel'. In fact, I have suggested a couple of times, that they should ban other car manufacturers from using the Red hot Paint. For, its meant to be only a Ferrari, which carries that away with a grace & style.

So that is my dark side.... 
(or should it be Red side?) 
    

No comments: