Custom Search

Friday, March 13, 2009

Mistakes or Flukes...


'Serendipity' is just another way of acknowledging a masterpiece fluke. 

Things happen the same way in Photography world; the only thing is photographers aren't as honest as scientists! What I mean to say is many a times, what you would be thinking as a pretty normal shot turns into an awesome shot. Taking it even a step further some mistakes rather than ruining the photograph gives a dramatic effect. And hence the apt saying 'Learn from your mistakes'.

I bought a tripod almost a year back, and I use it extensively for landscape shots. However accounting to my laziness, I still don't use it for photographing people. This is a shot I took sometime back, just for the sake of fun. I knew it I had ruined it when I didn't hear the shutter close even after 3 seconds.

A 5 second exposure, with a rear sync flash did the trick here. The flames are the shake effects of the indicator lights of the motorbike behind. The model is my friend 'Puppy' aka Yogesh.

The catch is not in avoiding mistakes, nor is it in living by flukes. It is in analyzing the masterpiece flukes! 

"I am learning real skills that I can apply throughout the rest of my life.... Procrastinating & rationalizing" 

- Calvin

1 comment:

Pal said...

the mistake effect as u would say...or special effect as we would say...has the made the picture and the protagonist both look divine.
PS - Do give other mortals a chance too to be a part of such mistakes :-)