Custom Search

Monday, July 16, 2007

Gates Vs Jobs

Bill Gates and Steve Jobs interviewed by Kara Swisher and Walt Mosberg

To create a new standard, it takes something that’s not just a little bit different, it takes something that’s really new and really captures people’s imagination and the Macintosh, of all the machines I’ve ever seen, is the only one that meets that standard.”
–Microsoft founder Bill Gates, 1984

If I were running Apple, I would milk the Macintosh for all it’s worth–and get busy on the next great thing. The PC wars are over. Done. Microsoft won a long time ago.”
–Steve Jobs, 1996.

3 comments:

IAM said...

I believe you are doing a study on Gates and Jobs, so if I may ask you which of these would you rather be and why?

Unknown said...

I would rather be none of them. Yeah, I would love to be like them, but not them.

I like both of them, Steve for his ruthless energy and his will never to give up. The best part about him, which I love is not that he opened Apple, but that he made a comeback with Pixar when he was kicked off from Apple.

Gates, I love him for his panache. I like the smooth way in which he used to handle the code, and the smooth way he has handled Microsoft. I like the way he has ruled the Software industry for almost 25 years now.

But as a person, I would rather be more like you.

Jai said...

You would like to be someone????? Now whoz dat!!!!?????????????